Trinity County Office of Education
Foster Youth Education Services Program
Trinity County Foster Youth Services Coordinator
P.O. Box 1256, Weaverville 96093 * (530) 623-2861
Assembly Bill 490, signed into law in 2004, and other more recent legislation, mandates certain provisions including requiring school districts to designate a foster youth liaison, provide timelines for school enrollment and student record transfers, and build advocacy with foster youth.
Goals and Objectives
To serve all foster students who are in an out of home placement and are
1. dependents or wards of Trinity County Juvenile Court
AND / OR
2. enrolled in a school in Trinity County
Our Mission is to:
- Provide advocacy and support to our foster youth and their caregivers
- Promote the best interests of our foster youth in their educational progress.
- Identify the educational, physical, social, and emotional needs of foster youth.
- Determine gaps in the provision of educational and social support services and provide those services, directly or through referral, to collaborative partners.
- Facilitate the completion and timely transfer of education records.
- To ensure educational placement stability at every opportunity.
- Support foster students' academic achievement and reduce truancy, dropout rates, and delinquent behavior.
- Provide one to one tutoring to improve grades and academic achievement.